Monitoring and automation with data loggers
Whether voltages, temperatures or humidity: data loggers enable the monitoring of different measured variables and are therefore versatile. The use of an electronic data logger is much more effective, reliable and precise than manual periodic recording. Read more about the use of data loggers and the advantages of devices for recording measurement data here.
What should you look out for when choosing a data logger?
- Which data/sensors can be recorded
- Associated software for evaluation and analysis
- Accuracy of the measured values
- Which sampling rate is required
- Which resolution is required
- Follow-up costs during use
What is a data logger?
Data loggers are electronic devices that record measurement data from The data logger can collect data from various sensors, such as humidity, temperature, pressure signals or voltage. The data logger contains connections for sensors and records these measured values. These measured values are stored in the data logger and transferred to a computer for analysis. The measured values are documented with a time stamp and can then be analyzed and evaluated using software.
Intuitive all-in-one software makes it very easy to visualize, analyse and monitor the measurement data. A user-friendly range of functions plays an important role here. More about the Software from Delphin.
In which industries are data loggers needed?
- Mechanical engineering
- Energy technology
- Universities and Schools
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Chemical and pharmaceuticals
- Environmental technology
- Electrical technology and ICA
How are Delphin data loggers used?
In almost all industries, measurement data acquisition and analysis form the basis of all optimization and decision-making processes. The quality of measurement data acquisition systems is therefore particularly important. Delphin offers precise and long-term stable measuring devices and easy-to-use software with extensive analysis and visualization options.
The Loggito and Expert Loggerdata loggers record measured values, store them autonomously, monitor the values and pre-process them for analysis. ProfiMessage devices are used for combined measuring, monitoring and control tasks.
The ProfiSignal software is ideal for monitoring and evaluation. Recorded data is analysed, visualized and archived. The focus is on simple and intuitive operation in order to carry out cost- and time-efficient analyses. Despite its ease of use, ProfiSignal can also handle very demanding data acquisition tasks.
Integration into a heterogeneous environment is easy thanks to the many interfaces. Drivers enable the import and export of data to other hardware and software. Laboratory devices such as scales or analysis/output devices can be connected via RS232/RS485. Special protocols are also available. PROFIBUS, PROFINET, OPC UA and Modbus TCP/RTU are used to exchange data with process control systems.
Advantages of a data logger from Delphin
A particular advantage of the Delphin data loggers is that all channels can be configured universally. It is possible to record different signals synchronously in one device. All inputs and outputs are galvanically isolated and therefore suitable for potential measurements. The same applies to the interfaces and the supply voltage. These device properties prevent interfering earth or ground loops.
- Universal and galvanically isolated inputs (mA, mV, thermocouples, Pt100(0), frequencies, pulses, oscillations, etc)
- Monitoring and automation via analog and digital outputs
- High data security thanks to logger memory and password protection
- Extensive visualization options through trends and displays
- Intuitive software for measurement data analysis
- Configuration, visualization, analysis and operation from any PC workstation
- Decentralized, autonomous or PC-supported measurement data acquisition
- Mobile use of data collection devices
- Monitoring and alarm functions (SMS, e-mail, digital outputs)
- Data transmission via Ethernet, Internet, Intranet, GPRS/UMTS or USB
Why are data loggers so important?
Data loggers are required to document measured value curves and monitor limit values. It does not matter which measured variables are involved. Examples include pressures, temperatures, speeds, illuminance levels, radioactivity or voltages and currents in general. An alarm informs inspectors quickly and easily if values are not being adhered to and they can take direct action. This procedure saves time and money, as regular analog tests are not necessary. Especially for sensitive goods, such as chilled food or vaccines, measurement is essential in order to comply with legal regulations and ensure good quality.
What variants of data loggers are there?
- Temperature data logger: The temperature data logger can log both temperature and humidity data. With this data logger, a distinction is made between disposable devices and long-term devices - depending on the area of application and measurement accuracy.
- USB data logger: With a USB data logger, measured values can be transferred to a computer in no time at all and easily analyzed using the appropriate software.
- GPS data logger: During road tests, environmental and position data are recorded synchronously and analyzed together.
- Print data logger: A pressure data logger is used to analyze pressure curves over time and to detect short and transient pressure pulses and peaks.
- Environmental data logger: An important point for premises is the Co value. With the help of an environmental data logger, it is possible to measure the levels and concentrations of CO2 and other gases and to react quickly to critical values and eliminate problems.
- Shock data logger: Transportation plays a major role in the delivery of goods - shocks can lead to a loss of quality. Schock data loggers help here: they record vibrations and guarantee documentation from production to delivery.
- Radio data logger: Numerous values can be measured with the wireless data logger. However, many data loggers have to be evaluated manually; with the wireless data logger, measured values are transmitted to the computer via WLAN in no time at all.
Hardware and software for your measurement and testing solution
Modular measuring, monitoring and automation in one device.
The ProfiMessage D device is a state-of-the-art data logger system that has been specially developed for industrial data acquisition and analysis. It offers a wide range of functions such as the recording and storage of measurement data, monitoring of process parameters and alarms in the event of deviations.To the product
State-of-the-art processor technology and extreme precision for vibration measurement.
The Expert Vibro device is a powerful vibration analysis device that has been specially developed for monitoring and analyzing machine and system conditions. It enables vibration data to be recorded and evaluated in order to detect potential problems or signs of wear at an early stage.To the product
Test stand for measurements with potential using an internal data memory.
The LogMessage device is a powerful data logger system designed for the reliable acquisition and recording of measurement data. It offers a variety of analog and digital inputs to connect different sensors and signals. The device records the data with high accuracy and saves it to an internal memory or external storage media.To the product
Flexible, scalable and expandable solution for seamless data acquisition and monitoring
The Loggito device is a compact data logger system designed for the acquisition and recording of measurement data. It has a variety of analog and digital inputs to connect different sensors and signals. The device records the data with high accuracy and stores it on an internal memory or external storage media such as SD cards.To the product
Compact and flexible measurement data laboratory with precision measurement technology.
The LoggitoLab device is ideal for use in laboratory environments, research projects, quality control and other applications where precise data acquisition and analysis is required. It offers a reliable and user-friendly solution for monitoring and recording measurement data.To the product
Precisely record, autonomously store, automatically transmit and evaluate measured values.
The FPGA-based Expert Logger device is particularly powerful and enables the processing of up to 46 analogue input channels, both at low and high sampling rates. Measured values can be precisely recorded, autonomously stored and automatically transferred to the internet or PC via USB, LAN or WLAN and evaluated.To the product
PC-supported data acquisition and test stand
The Expert Key device is a measuring and control device that can be used in various applications. It enables the acquisition and evaluation of measurement data as well as the control of processes. The device has various interfaces and can be connected to a wide range of sensors and actuators. It is often used in automation technology, mechanical engineering and research.To the product
Modular system for use as a measuring, control and monitoring device.
The ProfiMessage devices are a modular, expandable and easy-to-use system for measurement data acquisition, monitoring and automation of machines, systems or test benches. ProfiMessage can be used wherever measured values need to be recorded quickly, precisely and electrically isolated, as well as intelligently pre-processed or monitored.To the product
Intelligent data recorder for synchronous recording of transient and periodic events.
The Expert Transient device enables the recording and evaluation of transient signals over a certain period of time and provides important information for the optimization of processes and systems. The device is characterized by its high accuracy, fast sampling rate and simple operation.To the product