Setting test technology trends in the heating, ventilation and air conditioning sector
Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems are becoming increasingly intelligent. For example, the industry speaks about “smart heating” and intelligent heating and ventilation technology.
Typical trends see the merging of previously separate units into integrated and connected systems. Hybrid heating systems with multiple heat generators open up new possibilities for linking renewable heat sources. Demand is also increasing for decentralised air extraction systems with heat recovery.
At the same time, statutory minimum requirements for energy efficiency and energy savings are also on the increase. This is all creating a dilemma: more functions, more software, extremely diverse plant components and increasing connectivity are making systems more complex. The functionality of such systems must be accurately simulated and tried and tested at the development stage. Increasingly more parameters and tighter limitsmust be taken into account. There is therefore a considerable increase for measurement and testing as well as for greater performance from measurement technology.
Trends in industrial measurement and testing technology
- Increasing standards and tighter limits require increasingly detailed and precise measuring technology which can be adapted by users to actual test needs. In addition to measurement, control and automation technology, test systems therefore also require control software that is flexible to operate.
- Higher demands on connectivity. Increasing networking requires universal inputs for sensor technology, both open and proprietary interfaces as well as standardized protocols. Users expect complete solutions to cover all relevant interfaces. If measuring devices such as scales or gas meters from third parties have to be integrated, their reliable connection is also part of the required complete solution.
More extensive testing requirements, higher performance requirements
- More extensive measurement and testing requirements also leads to more complex and larger test benches. The required test scope and the number of measurement parameters are increasing and a wide variety of test technologies must be used. Users expect test solutions to flexibly integrate new requirements.
- Higher performance requirements. Larger, more powerful test benches with more measurement parameters also require the measurement and control technology to be performance-oriented. This includes, for example, faster measurement inputs that can also handle sampling rates of 50,000 measured values per channel and per second. Additional functions, such as internal computing channels and monitoring functions, also require a high level of performance.
High-quality measurement and testing technology for heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Example Heating test standsBecause the test benches have to cover a wider range of tests, a catalog of test devices for various test tasks was developed with a major manufacturer of heating systems. Universal inputs for temperature and pressure sensors as well as for analog and digital inputs mean that new test requirements can be implemented independently by the user. The measurement technology (such as ProfiMessage and Expert Logger) is connected via the Delphin Software re-parameterized as required. This means that the testing technology only needs to be configured, but not reprogrammed, which considerably simplifies operation.
- Example Cooling and air conditioning units: For refrigeration and air conditioning appliances, for example, real-life use is simulated in climate chambers and different components are tested for their requirements. The test specimens are tested under precisely controlled pressure and temperature profiles, vibrations and refrigerant flow rates in a practical manner. Various profiles can be selected via a "one-button solution" and the independent testing techniques can be controlled synchronously. The measurement automation also enables online analyses to be carried out during the test. Stored substance databases and tables facilitate the evaluations. The devices also automatically detect faults and limit violations and report them via a switching output or email.
- Example Checking the energy efficiency labelIn such standard-compliant tests, for example, various parameters are monitored at over 20 different temperature measuring points. The integrated control technology takes over the setting of different ambient temperatures. The same system can also be used to carry out several tests in parallel and independently of each other. The software can record, process and save an unlimited number of channels and up to 30 test stands in parallel.
Hardware and software for your measurement and testing solution
Flexible, scalable and expandable solution for seamless data acquisition and monitoring
The Loggito device is a compact data logger system designed for the acquisition and recording of measurement data. It has a variety of analog and digital inputs to connect different sensors and signals. The device records the data with high accuracy and stores it on an internal memory or external storage media such as SD cards.To the product
Data acquisition and analysis
With ProfiSignal Go you can display online data from the Message and Expert hardware in diagram form. Numerous analysis functions, such as zoom, cursor, movable axes, flags, ASCII export and calculation channels, enable fast display of measured values and post-processing.To the product
Precisely record, autonomously store, automatically transmit and evaluate measured values.
The FPGA-based Expert Logger device is particularly powerful and enables the processing of up to 46 analogue input channels, both at low and high sampling rates. Measured values can be precisely recorded, autonomously stored and automatically transferred to the internet or PC via USB, LAN or WLAN and evaluated.To the product
Operating and monitoring
ProfiSignal Basic combines the functions of ProfiSignal Go with operating and monitoring elements of process visualisations, e.g. digital and analogue displays, switches, buttons and signal lamps. With Basic, you can create everything from simple visualisation diagrams to complex visualisation systems.To the product
Modular measuring, monitoring and automation in one device.
The ProfiMessage D device is a state-of-the-art data logger system that has been specially developed for industrial data acquisition and analysis. It offers a wide range of functions such as the recording and storage of measurement data, monitoring of process parameters and alarms in the event of deviations.To the product
Automate and control
ProfiSignal Klicks supplements ProfiSignal Basic with functions for process automation. Structural diagrams for mapping the process as well as a script language (completely operable with the mouse) enable even the non-informatician to create complex test stand and automation applications with automatic report generation.To the product
State-of-the-art processor technology and extreme precision for vibration measurement.
The Expert Vibro device is a powerful vibration analysis device that has been specially developed for monitoring and analyzing machine and system conditions. It enables vibration data to be recorded and evaluated in order to detect potential problems or signs of wear at an early stage.To the product
Fast project planning and analysis of measurement data
With ProfiSignal 20 Go you can visualise your measurement data in just a few steps, both online and offline, in various diagram types, monitor, analyse, archive as a measurement file or export directly in the appropriate file format.To the product
Intelligent data recorder for synchronous recording of transient and periodic events.
The Expert Transient device enables the recording and evaluation of transient signals over a certain period of time and provides important information for the optimization of processes and systems. The device is characterized by its high accuracy, fast sampling rate and simple operation.To the product
Visualisation and operation
With ProfiSignal 20 Basic you can create individual diagrams using a wide range of operating and monitoring elements. Both continuous processes (e.g. production data acquisition) and discontinuous measurement tasks (e.g. test measurements) can be visualised, operated and monitored without any programming effort. You can create the operating and monitoring diagrams by assembling and configuring the prefabricated elements.To the product
Modular system for use as a measuring, control and monitoring device.
The ProfiMessage devices are a modular, expandable and easy-to-use system for measurement data acquisition, monitoring and automation of machines, systems or test benches. ProfiMessage can be used wherever measured values need to be recorded quickly, precisely and electrically isolated, as well as intelligently pre-processed or monitored.To the product
Central measurement data management
The Delphin Data Center is the solution used for the worldwide measurement networking and control of plants, machines and test stands.To the product
PC-supported data acquisition and test stand
The Expert Key device is a measuring and control device that can be used in various applications. It enables the acquisition and evaluation of measurement data as well as the control of processes. The device has various interfaces and can be connected to a wide range of sensors and actuators. It is often used in automation technology, mechanical engineering and research.To the product
Compact and flexible measurement data laboratory with precision measurement technology.
The LoggitoLab device is ideal for use in laboratory environments, research projects, quality control and other applications where precise data acquisition and analysis is required. It offers a reliable and user-friendly solution for monitoring and recording measurement data.To the product
Test stand for measurements with potential using an internal data memory.
The LogMessage device is a powerful data logger system designed for the reliable acquisition and recording of measurement data. It offers a variety of analog and digital inputs to connect different sensors and signals. The device records the data with high accuracy and saves it to an internal memory or external storage media.To the product