Intelligent measurement technology for mechanical engineering
Due to its problem-solving competence, the German mechanical and plant engineering industry enjoys a high reputation worldwide. The servicing of a plant is particularly gaining in importance. According to a VDMA study, digitalisation using servicing platforms, predictive maintenance and the analysis of large amounts of data is currently opening up new business potential.
However, increasingly complex systems and control systems are increasing the demands placed on data acquisition and control. Fault analysis. Systems are becoming more networked, monitored more intensively and large amounts of data have to be collected for services such as Predictive Maintenance analyzed in real time if possible. The need for intelligent measurement and testing solutions and the demand for high-performance complete solutions is increasing.
Trends in industrial measurement and testing technology
- Easy configuration. What is needed are intelligent systems for data acquisition and data monitoring that meet the increasing complexity of plant and equipment, with the ability to be easily and quickly configured with short setup times.
- A diversity of interfaces. Measurement systems must be flexible enough to be used for different applications and be equipped with all the necessary interfaces. OPC UA also enables the trend towards open standards.
- PC independence. Measuring systems should be capable of operating independently, without additional hardware and also be mobile. Integrated signal conditioning should be used in place of measurement transducers. Measurement data requires secure storage with date stamping and be accessible even in the event of power failures.
More application support
- Complete turnkey solutions with hardware, software and engineering services accelerate the implementation of even complex measurement and monitoring tasks. The measuring systems are therefore available more quickly, easier to control and reliable in use.
- ProfiSignal is a software for recording and evaluating measurement data in the machine environment, automating and visualizing measurement sequences and processes and generating automatic reports. The special feature: No programming skills or specialist knowledge are required for implementation.
- Permanent monitoring, such as a mobile system with fault diagnostics for production facilities, can be automated to trigger alarms, e.g. independently of a machine’s control system, in the event of limit violations. An alarm database with event lists for fault messages is thereby also available.
High-quality measurement and testing technology for mechanical engineering
- Example of condition monitoring: For condition monitoring and wear monitoring of a crane, the message devices and ProfiSignal software are used to record and evaluate not only pressures, currents, voltages, temperatures, etc., but also vibrations from bearings and movements of rotating shafts. A distinction is made between fault data with pre-trigger and post-trigger as well as long-term data for condition monitoring. Integrated limit value channels and logic channels are used to detect deviations and send alarms and messages.
- Example of batch-related monitoring: A manufacturer of piezo ceramics automatically and individually monitors firing processes for each furnace and batch from temperatures of 100 °C. All data is recorded batch-based to a server. The processes are also visualised on large monitors. For each firing process and furnace, statuses and online trends can be displayed.
- Example mobile measurement technology: A manufacturer of stainless steel pipes uses a mobile measuring case for fault analysis in order to be able to analyze faults that occur in specific situations. The mobile measurement technology is ready for operation with an integrated sensor supply and a setpoint generator for simulating signals without external accessories. The case is closed during measurement operation and can therefore also be used in harsh industrial environments.
Hardware and software for your measurement and testing solution
Flexible, scalable and expandable solution for seamless data acquisition and monitoring
The Loggito device is a compact data logger system designed for the acquisition and recording of measurement data. It has a variety of analog and digital inputs to connect different sensors and signals. The device records the data with high accuracy and stores it on an internal memory or external storage media such as SD cards.To the product
Data acquisition and analysis
With ProfiSignal Go you can display online data from the Message and Expert hardware in diagram form. Numerous analysis functions, such as zoom, cursor, movable axes, flags, ASCII export and calculation channels, enable fast display of measured values and post-processing.To the product
Precisely record, autonomously store, automatically transmit and evaluate measured values.
The FPGA-based Expert Logger device is particularly powerful and enables the processing of up to 46 analogue input channels, both at low and high sampling rates. Measured values can be precisely recorded, autonomously stored and automatically transferred to the internet or PC via USB, LAN or WLAN and evaluated.To the product
Operating and monitoring
ProfiSignal Basic combines the functions of ProfiSignal Go with operating and monitoring elements of process visualisations, e.g. digital and analogue displays, switches, buttons and signal lamps. With Basic, you can create everything from simple visualisation diagrams to complex visualisation systems.To the product
Modular measuring, monitoring and automation in one device.
The ProfiMessage D device is a state-of-the-art data logger system that has been specially developed for industrial data acquisition and analysis. It offers a wide range of functions such as the recording and storage of measurement data, monitoring of process parameters and alarms in the event of deviations.To the product
Automate and control
ProfiSignal Klicks supplements ProfiSignal Basic with functions for process automation. Structural diagrams for mapping the process as well as a script language (completely operable with the mouse) enable even the non-informatician to create complex test stand and automation applications with automatic report generation.To the product
State-of-the-art processor technology and extreme precision for vibration measurement.
The Expert Vibro device is a powerful vibration analysis device that has been specially developed for monitoring and analyzing machine and system conditions. It enables vibration data to be recorded and evaluated in order to detect potential problems or signs of wear at an early stage.To the product
Fast project planning and analysis of measurement data
With ProfiSignal 20 Go you can visualise your measurement data in just a few steps, both online and offline, in various diagram types, monitor, analyse, archive as a measurement file or export directly in the appropriate file format.To the product
Intelligent data recorder for synchronous recording of transient and periodic events.
The Expert Transient device enables the recording and evaluation of transient signals over a certain period of time and provides important information for the optimization of processes and systems. The device is characterized by its high accuracy, fast sampling rate and simple operation.To the product
Visualisation and operation
With ProfiSignal 20 Basic you can create individual diagrams using a wide range of operating and monitoring elements. Both continuous processes (e.g. production data acquisition) and discontinuous measurement tasks (e.g. test measurements) can be visualised, operated and monitored without any programming effort. You can create the operating and monitoring diagrams by assembling and configuring the prefabricated elements.To the product
Modular system for use as a measuring, control and monitoring device.
The ProfiMessage devices are a modular, expandable and easy-to-use system for measurement data acquisition, monitoring and automation of machines, systems or test benches. ProfiMessage can be used wherever measured values need to be recorded quickly, precisely and electrically isolated, as well as intelligently pre-processed or monitored.To the product
Central measurement data management
The Delphin Data Center is the solution used for the worldwide measurement networking and control of plants, machines and test stands.To the product
PC-supported data acquisition and test stand
The Expert Key device is a measuring and control device that can be used in various applications. It enables the acquisition and evaluation of measurement data as well as the control of processes. The device has various interfaces and can be connected to a wide range of sensors and actuators. It is often used in automation technology, mechanical engineering and research.To the product
Compact and flexible measurement data laboratory with precision measurement technology.
The LoggitoLab device is ideal for use in laboratory environments, research projects, quality control and other applications where precise data acquisition and analysis is required. It offers a reliable and user-friendly solution for monitoring and recording measurement data.To the product
Test stand for measurements with potential using an internal data memory.
The LogMessage device is a powerful data logger system designed for the reliable acquisition and recording of measurement data. It offers a variety of analog and digital inputs to connect different sensors and signals. The device records the data with high accuracy and saves it to an internal memory or external storage media.To the product