Measurement technology in electrical engineering and I&C
The industry is undergoing a major upheaval. It is being called the fourth industrial revolution. Previously separate industries and applications are being connected and interlinked (e.g. electromobility with automotive, electric drives, power engineering, charging infrastructure, battery technology, electronic marketplaces, etc.). Electrical engineering is playing a key role in the success of technological trends.
Especially in the industrial sector, intelligent and networked systems are in demand (with Industry 4.0 being a key concept). Systems are being monitored more closely to further minimise machine downtimes and provide operational optimisation. To this end, ever larger amounts of data are being acquired and evaluated in real time whenever possible (with Big Data being a key concept here). At the same time, plant and control systems are becoming increasingly complex with greater demands for fault diagnostics. Open interfaces are replacing proprietary solutions. Flexible solutions are replacing static systems.
Trends in industrial measurement and testing technology
- Thinking outside of the box. When systems and malfunctions are more complex, troubleshooting needs to be simplified. Modern measuring instruments and software solutions are therefore becoming increasingly flexible and powerful while at the same time increasingly reliable and secure. Date acquisition, monitoring and control can be combined in one system. In this way, test stands can be used for a range of applications.
- The trend towards open standards. Through OPC UA instead of a multitude of proprietary communication protocols, data will be transmitted securely and in real time across all manufacturers using a uniform, open standard. This is how the Expert series from Delphin with data logger, Vibration measurement and data recorder are equipped with an OPC UA server and client interface.
Greater need for testing, faster and more powerful analyses
- The need for testing during development, for example lifetime tests for the long-term stability of drives, gearboxes, pumps, switches and much more, is increasing.
- Fault diagnostics in plant operation process large amounts of data at even greater speed delivering online evaluations during testing. To this end, process data and electrical measurement signals are being acquired in high resolution within microseconds and increasingly larger amounts of data are being processed in parallel in the shortest time possible.
- Testing technology is becoming faster, at higher resolutions while also storing long-term data. Test results are traceable at any time. Test stands, for example, are integrating measurement, automation and evaluation functions within a single system.
Measurement and testing technology for mechanical engineering and plant construction
- Example of condition monitoring: Condition monitoring systems (CMS) are used for machine diagnostics and use bearing vibration measurement to monitor the condition of rolling bearings, for example. The Expert Vibro devices from Delphin support both diagnostic, qualitative methods (envelope spectrum) and quantitative methods (vibration velocity).
- Example of the testing of motors: Tests can be carried out during development, in series production or as long-term tests. The testing technology has full galvanic isolation with temperatures, pressures, speed, electrical values and torques being recorded synchronously. Tests are fully automated, results are recorded with traceability functions and linked directly to ERP systems or databases.
- Example of fault diagnostics in a harsh environment: Malfunctions in plants and machines require detailed and high-resolution fault analysis, even in harsh environments. Delphin’s measurement case for fault diagnostics is robust and can be used in harsh environments. Integrated sensor feeds and an inbuilt setpoint generator to simulate sensors means that virtually no other external equipment is required.
Hardware and software for your measurement and testing solution
Flexible, scalable and expandable solution for seamless data acquisition and monitoring
The Loggito device is a compact data logger system designed for the acquisition and recording of measurement data. It has a variety of analog and digital inputs to connect different sensors and signals. The device records the data with high accuracy and stores it on an internal memory or external storage media such as SD cards.To the product
Data acquisition and analysis
With ProfiSignal Go you can display online data from the Message and Expert hardware in diagram form. Numerous analysis functions, such as zoom, cursor, movable axes, flags, ASCII export and calculation channels, enable fast display of measured values and post-processing.To the product
Precisely record, autonomously store, automatically transmit and evaluate measured values.
The FPGA-based Expert Logger device is particularly powerful and enables the processing of up to 46 analogue input channels, both at low and high sampling rates. Measured values can be precisely recorded, autonomously stored and automatically transferred to the internet or PC via USB, LAN or WLAN and evaluated.To the product
Operating and monitoring
ProfiSignal Basic combines the functions of ProfiSignal Go with operating and monitoring elements of process visualisations, e.g. digital and analogue displays, switches, buttons and signal lamps. With Basic, you can create everything from simple visualisation diagrams to complex visualisation systems.To the product
Modular measuring, monitoring and automation in one device.
The ProfiMessage D device is a state-of-the-art data logger system that has been specially developed for industrial data acquisition and analysis. It offers a wide range of functions such as the recording and storage of measurement data, monitoring of process parameters and alarms in the event of deviations.To the product
Automate and control
ProfiSignal Klicks supplements ProfiSignal Basic with functions for process automation. Structural diagrams for mapping the process as well as a script language (completely operable with the mouse) enable even the non-informatician to create complex test stand and automation applications with automatic report generation.To the product
State-of-the-art processor technology and extreme precision for vibration measurement.
The Expert Vibro device is a powerful vibration analysis device that has been specially developed for monitoring and analyzing machine and system conditions. It enables vibration data to be recorded and evaluated in order to detect potential problems or signs of wear at an early stage.To the product
Fast project planning and analysis of measurement data
With ProfiSignal 20 Go you can visualise your measurement data in just a few steps, both online and offline, in various diagram types, monitor, analyse, archive as a measurement file or export directly in the appropriate file format.To the product
Intelligent data recorder for synchronous recording of transient and periodic events.
The Expert Transient device enables the recording and evaluation of transient signals over a certain period of time and provides important information for the optimization of processes and systems. The device is characterized by its high accuracy, fast sampling rate and simple operation.To the product
Visualisation and operation
With ProfiSignal 20 Basic you can create individual diagrams using a wide range of operating and monitoring elements. Both continuous processes (e.g. production data acquisition) and discontinuous measurement tasks (e.g. test measurements) can be visualised, operated and monitored without any programming effort. You can create the operating and monitoring diagrams by assembling and configuring the prefabricated elements.To the product
Modular system for use as a measuring, control and monitoring device.
The ProfiMessage devices are a modular, expandable and easy-to-use system for measurement data acquisition, monitoring and automation of machines, systems or test benches. ProfiMessage can be used wherever measured values need to be recorded quickly, precisely and electrically isolated, as well as intelligently pre-processed or monitored.To the product
Central measurement data management
The Delphin Data Center is the solution used for the worldwide measurement networking and control of plants, machines and test stands.To the product
PC-supported data acquisition and test stand
The Expert Key device is a measuring and control device that can be used in various applications. It enables the acquisition and evaluation of measurement data as well as the control of processes. The device has various interfaces and can be connected to a wide range of sensors and actuators. It is often used in automation technology, mechanical engineering and research.To the product
Compact and flexible measurement data laboratory with precision measurement technology.
The LoggitoLab device is ideal for use in laboratory environments, research projects, quality control and other applications where precise data acquisition and analysis is required. It offers a reliable and user-friendly solution for monitoring and recording measurement data.To the product
Test stand for measurements with potential using an internal data memory.
The LogMessage device is a powerful data logger system designed for the reliable acquisition and recording of measurement data. It offers a variety of analog and digital inputs to connect different sensors and signals. The device records the data with high accuracy and saves it to an internal memory or external storage media.To the product